- Income group: lower middle income
- National biodiversity index: 0.609
- CO2 emissions (kilotons): 0
- Population: 1,220,000
- NDC submitted by nation
- Detailed adaptation plan
- Low climate risk
Enhance biodiversity and promote ecotourism with benefit sharing for the surrounding communities.
- Agriculture / livestock
- Health and wellbeing
- Biodiversity / ecosystems
- Highly vulnerable groups
- Rural population
- Adaptation Outcomes
- Protect against extreme events / disasters
- Food security
- Water security
- Protect biodiversity / ecosystems
- Human well-being / health
- Sustainable development / green growth
- Protect natural capital / ecosystem services
- Broad type of indirect action
- Investment in climate change research / monitoring
- Disaster risk reduction
- Institutional capacity building
- Health research / action
Planned Nature-based Action in Adaptation Plan
Agro-forestry; ecological pest management; flood mapping; grazing land management; degraded land rehabilitation; fire management; and erosion control through terracing.
Scale up investments in restoring and maintaining ecological infrastructure, with a focus on the priority ecological assets.
Establish effective long-term biodiversity conservation, landscape management and natural resource management programmes.
Strategically plan and manage the ecological infrastructure, which includes health grasslands, rivers, wetlands, woodlands and natural forests.