- Income group:
- National biodiversity index:
- CO2 emissions (kilotons): 0
- Population: 17,791
- NDC submitted by nation
- No details in adaptation plan
- Climate risk not assessed
The Cook Islands is confident that its strategies and policies pre-2020 and post 2020 will reduce and offset its carbon emissions and strengthen resilience.
Papers based on country
- Agriculture / livestock
- Biodiversity / ecosystems
- Adaptation Outcomes
- Increase resilience / reduce risk
- Water security
- Protect biodiversity / ecosystems
- Livelihood security
Current Nature-based Action in Adaptation Plan
Designating its entire EEZ of almost two million sq km as a marine park is evidence of national commitment to the global effort to building the resilience of marine ecosystems.
These actions include inter alia coastal protection, water security, agriculture, forestry, marine conservation, waste, tourism and land management.